12 days tours 10 nights Catholic Tour
A suggested itinerary
To see the program as pdf: 12 DAYS CATHOLIC PROGRAM
Depart Country of Origin
Arrival at Tel Aviv
- Meeting and assisting at the airport by Bibleland4U Travel
- Meet your guide and drive to Tel Aviv.
- Time permitting and depending on arrival, visit to Jaffa. Jaffa (Biblical Joppa). Jaffa considered being the world’s oldest port and the place where the prophet Jonah set sail for Tarshish. Jaffa is associated with the deeds of Peter. Here Tabitha was resurrected by St Peter (Acts 9: 35-43). In Jaffa was the house of Simon the Tanner and from Jaffa Peter gone to Caesarea to convert Cornelius after the vision at the house of Simon the tanner (Acts 10: 1-23). A walking tour in the old city of Jaffa.
Dinner and Overnight in Tel Aviv or Netanya or Herzliya
Caesarea – Mt. Carmel – Acre – Sea of Galilee
- After our Israeli breakfast we start our day with a short drive through Tel Aviv, travel via the Sharon plain to Caesarea. Caesarea, the seat of the Roman Procurator of the Judea in the time of Christ and is the place St. Peter converted the centurion Cornelius. (Acts 10:24). Explore the Roman Theater and the Aqueduct and view the ruins of Roman, Byzantine and Crusader times.
- Continue to Carmel, to the “Muchraka” the site where Elijah challenged and defeated the 450 prophets of Baal (I Kings 18:20). Drive to Acre (Biblical Ptolomeas) to visit the Crusaders Halls.
- On to the Sea of Galilee for an overnight stay.
Dinner and Overnight Sea of Galilee
Sea of Galilee
- We’ll start the day with a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee (Optional mass on board the boat).
- Visit the ancient Boat museum from Jesus’ time.
- Drive to Capernaum, the town Jesus made his home after leaving Nazareth. Visit St Peter Primacy Church. Capernaum is the place where Jesus recruited the first of disciples.(Matthew 4:13, Luke 4:31-37, Matthew 8:14-17, Mark 2:1-12, Matthew 8:5-13, Mark 5:21-43, Matthew 11:23-24). Visit the excavation of the ancient synagogue and the house of St. Peter. .
- On to Tabgah, site of the multiplication (Feeding of 5000; Mark > 6).
- Visit Mount Beatitudes where Jesus delivered the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5:1-12).
- Drive to the Banias, site of the ancient Caesarea Philippe. It is here that Peter made his confession of faith in Jesus (Matthew 16:13). Drive to the eastern shore of the Sea of Galilee and Kursi.
Dinner and Overnight at the Sea of Galilee.
** Optional Israeli home hospitality in a Kibbutz.
Cana – Nazareth – Sephoris (Zippory)
- After breakfast we’ll have a tour of the kibbutz. Drive to the city of Cana of Galilee, where Jesus performed his first miracle. (John 2: 1-11), turning jars of water into wine. Continue to Nazareth, the home of Joseph and Mary, pass Mary’s Well, and visit the Church of the Annunciation. (Luke 1: 26-38).
- Drive to KFAR KEDEM-Hafla and seasonal choice of activity, Donkey Trail & Authentic period Garb , (Optional – additional charge – $50 p/p) a biblical experience that enables you to “touch the past” for a visit and lunch. On to visit Sephoris. Ancient Zippori – also known by its Greek name Sepphoris – is first mentioned in Josephus Flavius’ description of the reign of Hasmonean king Alexander Jannaeus. A few decades hence, Zippori had become the most important city in the Galilee. See the stunning mosaic known as the Mona Lisa of the Galilee.
- On the way back to Sea of Galilee stop on ARBEL Cliff for breathtaking view of the Sea of Galilee
* Kibbutz Visit subject to Dinner and overnight in Kibbutz hotel
Mt. Tabor – Megiddo – Beth She’an – Jerusalem
- After breakfast drive to Mt Tabor and have a mass in the Church of Transfiguration.
- On to Megiddo, the fortress city of King Solomon, later built upon by King Ahab. The books of Daniel and Revelation will come alive as we study the final Battle of Armageddon (Revelation 16: 14-19). View the Plains of Jezreel.
- Drive to Beit She’an. Recent excavations there have discovered the impressive ruins of the country’s largest city in the Roman and Byzantine periods, which was destroyed by an earthquake in 749 CE.
- The tour continues though the Jordan Valley. Drive past Jericho, believed to be the world’s oldest walled city. This was the first city taken by Joshua when the Hebrews returned from Egypt –‘and the walls fell down’ – and was also the site of the Mount of Temptation. (Mark 1:13).
- Drive to Dead Sea to enjoy the hotels Spa Facilities
Dinner and Overnight Dead Sea hotel.
Qumran – Dead Sea – Massada – Jerusalem
- After breakfast depart our hotel and drive to Massada. Ascend Massada by cable car. Massada is the site of the most dramatic act in Jewish history. Explore the ancient excavation of Herod’s Palaces, bathhouse, the storerooms, the Ramp, and the oldest synagogue in the world.
- Drive along the shore of the Dead Sea to Ein Gedi is an Oasis on the Dead Sea Near the 200 meter high waterfall is a cave where David had his famous meeting with King Saul. (1 Samuel 24: 1-23). A walk around the reserve confirms that Ein Gedi is one of the most beautiful nature reserves in the world.
- Qumran, where the 2000 years old Dead Sea Scrolls were found.
Pass the traditional site of the Inn if the Good Samaritan. Enter the city of Jerusalem in the traditional way and view the city from Mt. Scopus
Dinner and overnight Jerusalem
- We start off an early morning visit of the Temple and the Western Wall. Ascend the Temple Mount.
- We then visit the City of David. We enter the Southern Steps via the new founded Herodian tunnels from the City of David.
- Visit the Western Wall Tunnels
- On to the Pool of Bethesda.
- On to Mt Zion to the Last Supper room (Matthew 26: 17-25) and King David’s Tomb.
- Visit the house of the high priest Caiphas and the Church of Peter in Gallicantu (Matthew 26:31-35). This is the place where Peter denied the Lord the 3rd time.
Dinner and Overnight Jerusalem
Jerusalem – Bethlehem
- After breakfast we’ll ascend Mount of Olives (Matthew 24:3, Luke 21:37) for a breath taking panoramic view of the old city of Jerusalem. Walk along the Palm Sunday Way and visit the chapel of Dominus Flevit (Luke 19:41-44).
- Descend to the Garden of Gethsemane (Matthew 26:36-46, Luke 22:39-45, Mark 14:32-42) where Jesus spent the last night before he was arrested.
- Visit the Church of All Nations..
- On to Bethlehem visiting the Church of Nativity.
Dinner and Overnight Jerusalem
Morning visit of the Western Wall Tunnels (per CRO availability)
- Walk along the Via Dolorosa to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Walk through the colorful bazaar to Jaffa Gate.
- On to Israel Museum and visit the Scale Model of Jerusalem and the Shrine of the Book. Continue to Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial.
Dinner and overnight in Jerusalem
- After breakfast drive to Valley of Ella where David slew Goliath (1 Samuel 17:23, 1 Samuel 17:4).
- Continue to Beth-Jamal Monastery for a visit and a meeting with the nuns of the monastary. Learn about their way of life in the Holy Land. Continue along Emmaus Road to the Church of Emmaus on our way back to Jerusalem.
Option 1: Afternoon free at leisure.
Option 2: Take part in the Archaeological experience at the City of David (Supplement charge)
Farewell dinner in hotel and overnight in Jerusalem
Transfer to the airport for our flight back home.
** Itinerary is subject to changes and availabilities
*** We can always add to the itinerary a rafting on the Jordan, half a day dig not far away from Jerusalem….and more…
**** 2 nights option extension to Jordan: Rates upon request
Day 09: Cross the border via Allenby bridge to Jordan to visit Bethany on Jordan River – Hold Mess on Mt Nebo – Madaba (visit Madaba’s church) – Amman, overnight in Amman
Day 10: Drive from Amman to Petra for a full day visit to Petra and overnight in Petra
Day 11: Drive from Petra to back to Israel via Allenby Bridge and transfer to airport for flight back home
Israel Land Tour based on a Minimum 20 full paying participants in the same category of hotel will Include:
Meeting & assistance upon arrival at Ben-Gurion
- Porterage at hotels
- 10 overnights accommodation per category mentioned below
- Guide Escort transfer from//to Ben Gurion Airport upon arrival and departure
- 10 full days sightseeing as per program above
- English speaking Licensed tour guide throughout the entire tour
- Luxury air-conditioned coach
- Meal arrangement: Half Board, including full buffet breakfast and dinners at hotels daily. Starting with dinner on arrival day, ending with breakfast on day of departure.
- Entrance fees including: Orange National park tickets (unlimited entrances) -See in bold: Caesarea,Mt. Carmel, Accre, Boat ride on the Sea of Galilee, Ancient Boat at Nof Ginosar, Capernaum, Tabgha, Mt. of Beatitudes, Caesarea Phillipi, Kursi, Nazareth, Sepphoris, Special Ascent to Mt. Tabor, Meggido, Beat Shean, Massada including Cable car, Ein Gedi Qumran, Swim (Float) on the Dead Sea (weather permitting) Israel Museum and Shrine of the Book & Holyland Model, Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial Museum,
- All churches needed in Galilee area and Jerusalem as per program
- 1 free person sharing double room every 20 full paying pax (max 4 frees in two double rooms, children are not considered full paying pax)
Rates and Hotels based as follows and Valid between Dec 1,2018 till March 1,2020 excluding holidays and high season periods .:
3 star Tourist Class –
1 night Residence Netanya or similar
3 nights Aviv hotel Tiberias or similar
1 night Leonardo Inn Dead Sea or similar
5 nights Montifiorre hotel Jerusalem or similar
$1550.- p/p in a double / Single supplement $640.-
4 star First Class
1 night David Tower or similar
3 nights Emily’s Boutique Tiberias or similar
1 night Daniel DSE hotel or similar
4 nights Ibis Accor Jerusalem or similar
$1790.- p/p in a double / Single supplement $805.-
5 star Deluxe
1 night Herods Herzliya or similar
3 nights Leonardo Plaza Tiberias or similar
1 night Herods Dead Sea hotel or similar
5 nights Leonardo Plaza Jerusalem or similar
$2340.- p/p in a double / Single supplement $1040.-
Land Arrangements DO NOT include:
All flight arrangements – Must contact your local Travel Agency
Tips to Guide, Driver, Hotels, Restaurants etc.
All extra meals i.e Lunches or otherwise mentioned
Extras at hotels